pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Mixed Media layout: You and Me

The best photos are those of family fun and experiences, and these photos are no different. Learning to ride a bike is a must experience for every growing boy and his father. I don't know how I missed these ones and haven't created a layout with them until today but better late than never!



 
I usually create pages with one photo but this time I wanted to use all the photos, didn't want to leave any of them out of the page. I started with creating a design triangle on the page with a little spraying and stamping. Then I layered pieces of patterned paper to create a frame for the photos. After I glued the photos to the layout I started the process of adding more color, texture and embellishments.
 


I used different designs of stamps like dots, checkers and net and created a stamped collage on the background. Then I added some color with a little bit of spraying as well as rubbing the spray paint with my fingers for a more muted effect. I also added rub-ons for more texture.
 

I finished the page with some large circles and stickers. I also added washi tape with a bicycle pattern and layered flowers and a chipboard bicycle to complete the look.
 
Don't miss the step by step video tutorial with all the techniques and complete process.
 
Have fun creating!
Einat

No comments:

Post a Comment