pages

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Mixed Media Art Journal: Four Pages Set

Sets are always fun. You have everything coordinated and matched, colors, patterns and theme are already "talking" to each other and you don't need to figure out how to make everything look good together. This is exactly what I was aiming for in this art journal set. I created four pages that are color coordinated, have the same theme and go together beautifully.



The first step was cover all pages with gesso and seal them. Then I added Gelatos to create the background. I used baby wipes to add the gelatos to the paper. Each page got the same colors but in a different order so they will not look the same but still create a matching set.




















To create the set I wanted all pages to be visible at the same time so I created a gradual effect by cutting each page slightly smaller than the one under it. Then I added a pattern by punching it with a border punch.






















Then I added different stamps to each page, but they were all in a floral theme. I also colored some of them to enhance the pattern and add more dimension to the colors. I used some really fun Gelatos techniques including painting and stamping.




















For the final touch I inked all the edges of the paper with distress ink and added a little doodling on each page. Watch the full video tutorial for all the tips and the full process.
Follow me on Facebook and YouTube for more crafty treats!

Have fun creating!
Einat

No comments:

Post a Comment