pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Mixed Media Art Journal Page: Flowers

Creating an art journal page always makes me happy. It inspires me not only when I create it but also afterwards, when I look at the page I created. That's why I always try to add a quote or a sentence that speaks to me, a sentence that inspires me and lifts me up.



















This time I added a paraphrase of a quote made by the famous author Hans Christian Andersen who said that Just living is not enough one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower. Well... I changed it a little. After all this is my art journal right?




















I created the back ground with stencils and a really fun technique called reverse stenciling. I added gesso, Gelatos and stamping. The more layers of color you add to your page the better it will look that's what I always say. I added big circles with acrylic paint and sponge and smaller circles I created with Gelatos and a stencil.





















I added a tissue paper butterfly and stamped a field of flowers. I colored them with water diluted Gelatos and colored pencils. To finish the page I added the quote. I wrote it on a white paper and colored it with the same Gelatos I used on the background and flowers. I also added a little bit of doodled flowers.



















This was really fun to create and I invite you to watch the video and join in the fun!

You can also  Follow me on Facebook and YouTube for more crafty treats!

Have fun creating!
Einat

2 comments:

  1. כל כך יפה ועדין. אוהבת את שילוב הצבעים

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video and amazing journal page thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete