pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Mixed Media layout: He is a Teenager

If you have or had a teenager in your house you will know and relate to this post. This is such a crazy age. It seems like there are two different people in one person: on one hand a sweet boy, your little boy and on the other hand an angry, confused defiant boy. This is my boy, at almost 15...and this is a layout I created for him.



























I wanted to create a divided layout, a page with two sides. I got the inspiration from the Chalk Studio collection by MME, which has beautiful designs in black and white. I started with the background of the layout and created a black shadow on the left side with black oil pastel and dark brown Gelato.




















I added texture and dimension with stencils and stamps in coordinating colors of black and white. I used black acrylic paint for the black patterns and modeling paste and gesso for the white patterns. To combine the two sides together I also sprayed the page slightly with a light brown spray.




















Then I added embellishments to complete the theme of the page. The embellishments are also coordinated with the two colors of the layout. On the right side a little more childish vibe with bicycle and starts and the left is more serious with a globe and a balloon symbolizing an independent man of the world. Make sure to watch the step by step video tutorial with the complete process of creating the layout.

Have fun creating!
Einat

No comments:

Post a Comment