pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Mixed Media Art Journal Page - Journey

I have a new art journal that I'm really excited to start! I decided that the pages in the new journal will have a theme. It seem to be more challenging and inspiring this way. The first page is all about the journey...a fitting subject for the first page of a new journal.





I started with coloring the background with two shades of blue Gelatos. They mix very well together when you wet them a little and use a baby wipe. I added some texture to the background with dimensional paint and a stencil. I drew a few clouds with a white oil pastel.




















Then I created the mountain by adding layers of tissue paper. I also added a trail with a brown oil pastel. I cut my image from an old photo and glued it on top of the mountain. I stamped some houses on white cardstock and colored them with Gelatos. I cut them and glued them to the page.




















Finally I added a stamped quote. Check out the step by step video tutorial!

Have fun creating!
Einat

No comments:

Post a Comment