pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Technique Corner: Collection of photos


I recently went through my stash of photos, not on the computer but those I have already developed and I found a few small photos I really like but don't seem to go together, at least not at first glance.  When I took a second look I realized they can make a wonderful layout.
Here are a few tips on how to create a layout with photos from different occasions, ages, people etc.

1.       Try to find the common ground in all the photos. It can be color, person, place, time of year and so on. In my layout all the photos are of my son.

2.       See if there is a narrative to the photos. For example in my layout the photos show my son through the years.

3.       Keep the photos together in your layout. This way they would seem to be a series of photos.

4.       Create a design that can go with many themes of photos. I used flags and butterflies because they go well with any age or mood.

Have fun creating!

Einat

No comments:

Post a Comment