My boys just love to climb trees whenever they can find them. On one of our trips I managed to take some great photos of them on the tree branches. These photos were just perfect for a layout. This is a DT layout I did for "My Punch" with the amazing Jack & Jill collection by Prima. I wanted to create a scene that would show my kids climbing on tree tops.
To create this look I used some fun techniques:
1. Creating tree tops:
* start with the Sugar Skies paper that has a neutral background and add branches cut from Green Fields patterned paper.
*Cut only the trees from the photos and add foliage cut from Sunny Meadow
This way you'll create a picture of climbing the branches of the trees.
2. Creating grass: for the grass part of the layout I layered pieces from Sunny Meadowpaper and then created 3D grass from a pleated ribbon:
*Cut or tear paper and layer it on the bottom of your layout.
* Cut slits in the paper where you want to insert the ribbons.
* Pleat the ribbon and insert it into the slit.
* Adhere the layers to the layout.
3. Creative title: arrange your title in a "climbing mode" going up or down the branches.
Try these techniques to create your own tree scene or nature scene with grass.