pages

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Wall of Inspiration: Mixed Media Canvas - Grow

Experimenting is one of the best things in mixed media. It's fun to try new materials, new techniques and new combinations. in this new small canvaS for my wall of inspiration I tries a new technique with hot  glue. Yes...that hot glue that you use for gluing things down. Apparently it can be a really great material to add texture to a canvas or an art journal page.


I used some aquarelle pencils and gelatos to add layers of color to my canvas. I added lots of texture with modeling paste and the hot glue art I created. I used a low temp hot glue gun which was much easier on my fingers. I don't know why but I always manage to get my fingers burned when I'm using a hot glue gun, so this one was great.



This is a great technique to try on an art journal page too, but remember to gesso your page first. And make sure everything is dry before you close your journal. Hot glue tend to be sticky sometimes, especially after using a heat tool around it.


What materials and techniques did you experiment with? Check out the video to find out how my experiments turned out!

Have fun creating!

1 comment:

  1. Hola Einat !! I love your canvas...It ´s gorgeous, fantastique !!! love the colours and this hot glue. Your video-tutorial is great, thank you for sharing.... It has been my inspiration for an art journal page that I ´ll publish on my blog this night or tomorrow morning. I have used hot glue too, and also nice colours. Big hugs from Spain. Caty.

    ReplyDelete