pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Paper Piecing Tag/ Door Sign/ Ornament?

I was asked to create a little project for Christmas that involves paper piecing, which is one of my favorite paper techniques. Paper piecing started as a quilting technique for creating complex patterns, but is now relates to any pattern that is composed from pieces of papers. So I created a tag/ door sign/ ornament I can't decide...


























I started with stenciling a large tag with a brick pattern. I wanted to create a scene of a boy sitting next to a window looking up to the sky searching for santa.


























Then I stamped a piece of tissue paper with Ann Butler's Faux Quilted Stamps. I simply arranged the 1" square stamps on my stamping block and stamped. looks like a quilt right?
I cut the window frame, window back and an image of a boy, I also punched some stars from a white cardstock I colored with Ann Butler's Crafter's ink.





















I assembled all the pieces to a scene. First I colored the white window back with the same inks and attached the frame to it. I added details to the window with a pen. I added the boy and the quilted paper blanket.






















Finally I added letter stickers and the punched stars.

So what do you think it is? I think it could be all three right?
Follow me on Facebook and YouTube for more crafty treats!

Have fun creating!
Einat

No comments:

Post a Comment