pages

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Mixed Media Art Journal Page: Rain

Sometimes I think I should have been born in another country. Not because I don't love my country but because I don't like the weather! Most of the year it's hot and the summers are the worst. I love the cold, the rain and the snow...
So I thought maybe if I created a stormy art journal page the rain will be here sooner than later...


















This art journal page was really fun to create and very easy. The background is all Gelatos with color spray that have a double role - wet the Gelatos and add color. I just layered color on color until I was happy with the way it looked.





















Then I added texture with stencils, dimensional paint and gesso. I did it in a cool technique called double stenciling. it gives a great effect of two tone shapes.




















Finally it was time to create the dripage effect. I wanted drop of water running down the page like rain. it was an easy task to accomplish with color sprays and a hit tool. After everything was dry I stamped a man with an umbrella on the bottom of the page and added a quote.

Now all I need to do is wait for the rain...


















Make sure to watch the video tutorial for all the tips and tricks of how I created all the effects on the page.
How is the weather where you live? Do you like it?

Follow me on Facebook and YouTube for more crafty treats!
Have fun creating!
Einat

No comments:

Post a Comment