pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Forever House Calendar

One of the greatest puzzles of life is what influences a person more: environment or genes. In my case it's definitely both...my dad, who is an engineer, on one side and my love of crafting on the other, have both planted the love of building in me. every now and then I get the urge to build something. I'm talking about paper engineering, 3D crafting at its best. This time I built a House Calendar, which is basically a forever calendar for important dates that does not last only one year but forever.








































How does that work? Each month has a little "room" in the house and in it a card or cards with important dates like mom's birthday or grandparents' anniversary, regardless of the day in the week or month.





















My inspiration came to me from a chipboard window I had and decided to extend it. I build the outside frame and inner walls around it and according to its measurements. It might look a little difficult but building 3d structures from chipboard is actually easy if you measure accurately.





















I used Bo Bunny patterned paper and some Prima flowers to cover and embellish my calendar house. I also finally used some old chipboard numbers I had, so this project was a de-stash adventure too. You can find all the details and measurements in the video.

Have you ever tried 3D building? Tell me about it!

Follow me on Facebook and YouTube for more crafty treats!

Have fun creating!
Einat

2 comments: