pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Mixed Media Art Journal page: Fairytale

I always enjoyed stories especially when I was a child. I loved those magical fairytales about princesses, magic and witches and I still do today. However when I grew up a realized that sometimes life can be much more mysterious, wonderful and sometimes sad.


















I started my art journal page with a really fun technique of Gelatos water coloring. I colored the background with the colors of the rainbow and added some accents with darker shades of Gelatos.
Then I added a stenciled image of a large tree branch with birds and add green leafs with Smooch, Gelatos and a fun distress ink technique using my fingers. I also added butterflies created with a stencil and a blend of different colors distress inks and a little stamping.




















Finally I added images cut from a Graphic 45 patterned paper and created a blurred look with some gesso that I rubbed with my fingers. That gave the art journal page a dreamy look and a mysterious feeling. I added the journaling with a nib pen and black ink.




















I like my art journal pages to have a theme and I always try to match the design to the journaling. Make sure to watch the step by step video tutorial to see the entire process.

Have fun creating!
Einat

No comments:

Post a Comment