One of my favorite techniques in scrapbooking and crafts is to treat a surface. It's a really fun way to change its shape and give it a personal touch. We all know a lot of ideas to treat chipboard, canvas, paper and other materials, but I thought why not treat buttons? Dress them up a little, personalize them and give them a makeover.
Here are a few ideas:
1. Embellish a button as a small tag. Adhere a sentiment and an embellishment on it.
2. Layer a small flower on a button to brighten it up.
3. Sand a button to give it a distressed, worn out look.
4. Create stamens like you would on a flower. Use small bling and rhinestones.
5. Insert brads to a button to add color.
6. Layer two different sizes of buttons to create extra dimension.
7. Put stickles on a button to add some shine to it.
8. Tie a bow on a button to create a soft look.
9. Write sentiments or names on a button to personalize it. Use a very thin marker.
10. Stamp a button with StazOn to give it a new look.
When your buttons are all dressed up they are ready to embellish any creation!
Try it; it will open up a new fun world!