I took the two large canvas pieces, sewed them together and made a little special bag to put my mini album in. then I made the pages of the mini from the smaller canvas and paper pieces. I used a lot of fun techniques in this project, so I included a tutorial in the post so you can try them too.
Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Album, Brackets, by Brenda Pinnick
Acrylic paint: plaid
Gloss Multi-Medium: Ranger
Fabric letters: Prima
Patterned paper: Graphic 45, Fancy Pants, MME
Letters: My Little Shoe Box
Chipboard embellishment: American Crafts
Rhinestones, pearls: Queen & Co.
1. Faux Batik on Canvas technique: spread Gloss Multi-Medium onto non-stick craft sheet. Stamp with the foam stamp into the multi-medium and then stamp the canvas. Let dry. Brush a watery paint mixture on top. After the canvas is dry add more colors to the stamp.
2. Sew the two pieces of the bag together leaving the top open. You can extend the sewing on the top side, but only on the front piece.
3. Color Change technique (optional): I changed the color of the chipboard bird to match the color scheme. Paint embellishment with Gesso. Let dry. Paint over the gesso with acrylic paint. Let dry.
4. Add fabric letters and embellishments.
Mini album pages:
1. Wash paint technique: brush a watery mixture of two colors on the fabric pieces. Let dry. Ink the edges.
2. Shaped pages technique: trace the shape of the canvas pieces onto patterned paper. Cut accordingly.
3. Add photo to each page.
4. Add title to each page.
5. Cut outs technique: create your own cut outs by cutting patterns and shapes from patterned papers.
6. Embellish the pages with buttons, rhinestones and lace.
7. Add eyelets to all the pages and tie with strings.
Keep hopping to see all the wonderful creations made by the other designers in the blog Hop.
See you next time!