pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

My Favorite Pens List

I love pens! I unwillingly have a collection of them. I don't want to but somehow they find their way to my bag, studio and desk drawers :)


Before specifying the list of my favorite pens I want to share with you how I know it's a good pen.
* Has to write on dry acrylic paint without skipping, jumping or getting all gunked up!
* Lasts a long time and doesn't dry the minute you open the cap.
* I don't mind if it has odor but I don't want it to be toxic.
These criteria works for me and might not work for you...

Uniball Signo White Gel Pen
I love this pen and how crisp and vibrant it looks even after drying and it's cheap too. It writes beautifully on acrylic paints and colorful pages in my art journals. It also writes on canvas with no trouble.


Uni Posca Paint Pen
Great pen that comes in different tip sizes and a variety of colors. It is water based and permanent and writes on ANYTHING. It has an odor but I don't mind it. The only downside is that they are not waterproof so I can't paint over them. It dries quickly and lasts for a long time. I especially use the black ones.


Sakura Micron Pens
Great for illustrations and writing on paper. They come in many colors but I love black and are permanent, crisp and intense with color. I like the tiny tips, although it can be hard to write on acrylic paint.  I love how they are also waterproof so I can paint over them. So when I use them in my art journals or mixed media projects I use a wide tip.


Pitt Pens from Faber Castell
They are a nice crisp, permanent, vibrant color and the variety of colors is amazing. My preferred tip is the "brush" pen which is like a paint brush. Love how you can paint over them once dry, too. The best thing about them is you can use your fingers to blur the color before it dries so it's almost like using paint.


Check out the Guide for using your pens correctly that will be posted on Tuesday!

Don't miss out! Keep up with all the crafty goodness by subscribing to the Einat Kessler creative newsletter

Have fun creating!






No comments:

Post a Comment