pages

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Art Journal Page: Shine

'Tis the season of light. No matter if you celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah, both holidays have a light theme. The brightly lit Christmas tree or the Hanukkah candles are not by chance, that light is supposed to fight the darkness of the December winter outside and the darkness of our souls within. This art journal page is all about our inner light and how we need to let it shine.


In this spread I used Dylusions paints. These paints are really good not only in their bright shades but their coverage and thickness. They are semi opaque so you can layer them and you only need to use very little amount of paint to cover a large surface.



I wanted to show you how much you can create using only three colors. You don't have to use fancy materials or many different tools to create an amazing art journal page. Using what you have in a few different techniques will give you the same versatility and effects that you want.


On a personal note... I usually don't like yellow and I hardly use it in my projects but I really liked using this bright color on this page. Maybe I'm warming up to it...

Don't miss out! Keep up with all the crafty goodness by subscribing to the Einat Kessler creative newsletter

Have fun creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment