pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Doesn't the apple really fall far from the tree?

Everybody knows the sentence "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" it means that sons are often resemble their parents or students resemble their teachers etc. Well..I don't know about other areas but in crafts in does.


My two boys not only have nothing to do with crafts and creating they are simply not interested! Some will say it's because they are boys and this is more of  a girl's area but I don't think so. They didn't even like it when they were in kindergarten, and everybody likes it then. It's almost as if they are doing it on purpose...

I wish it wasn't like that. I wish that something I love so much and that is such a big part of my life will be at least slightly interesting or appealing to them. But it's not. Maybe the fact that they are two teenage boys does have something to do with it.


But there is something they do that fill my heart with joy! Every now and then they some into my room, take out all the scrapbooks out, sit on the floor and start looking through them. It doesn't matter how many times they've seen them before, they always look at all the pages with the same wonder and interest as the first time. They laugh, talk to each other about this photo or that and they complain about certain photos I used in the layouts.


And usually before they finish they look up at me and say: "Mom, when are you going to make more pages for our albums?" I always enjoy this so much because I feel someone appreciates what I do, likes it and that this is something meaningful that they will cherish for years to come.

Now I only need to find the time to create more pages...

You can subscribe to the  Einat Kessler creative newsletter and make sure you don't miss anything!

Have fun creating!




No comments:

Post a Comment