pages

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Steampunk Altered Boxes Chest

You asked for altered art videos And you asked for steampunk projects videos so what's better than combining the two? This was such a great project to make. I know I say that about all the projects I make but I really enjoy creating steampunk projects! Pure FUN!!


This project almost didn't happen. I was thinking what to do for this week's Saturday MIXTRAVAGANZA video tutorial and my mind went blank. I couldn't think of what to do, nothing came into my mind. I remembered you guys asked for altered stuff projects so I went to my studio and started going over stuff I have in my drawers. Nothing...my mind was empty! Whenever you have a situation like that the best thing is to stop thinking about it. Just leave it. The minute I let go it came...I'll do a steampunk altered boxes and I'll pile them one on top of the other and create a funky chest.







As all my projects go...that's about all I had. Didn't know hoe to do it, with what to cover the boxes what embellishments to use. But when I started working the magic happened, my mind was filled with ideas and they kept on coming. I never plan ahead. sometimes it's nerve wrecking, because I have to film a tutorial and I have no clue what I'm going to do. But there's a lesson to be learned here...trust yourself, trust your talent, your intuition and experience and everything will be ok!




I had so much fun...you guys know how much I love steampunk! I know I still need to work on the Creating 101: Steampunk class and I promise it will be ready soon! In the meantime you can enjoy this tutorial.

Don't miss out! Keep up with all the crafty goodness by subscribing to the Einat Kessler creative newsletter

Have fun creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment