pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Mixed media canvas - Fill Your Life

Sometimes it's really fun taking things literally. Especially art. Usually art is something expressive that you can take to different directions and interpret how you want. But this mixed media canvas means exactly what it says...


I started thinking one day about all the good things my life is filled with and how I never want them to end. Then i thought this could be a great subject for a "Wall of Inspiration" canvas. "If only I could actually fill something with these things..." But wait...I can!



I remembered all these little bottles I have kept around (because I never throw anything away...) and knew they will be just the right thing for this canvas. You can use old perfume bottles and test tubes and you can also get them in craft stores. From that point everything was really quick and easy and doing the video was pure fun!



Check out all the texture I created on the canvas with layers of old book pages, gesso and a bandage (yes that same kind you buy in the drug store). Then I simply added my bottles and the signature word for the canvas. as you remember every "Wall of Inspiration" has a word or a phrase.
I loved how it turned out...What do you like to fill your life with?
Don't miss out! Keep up with all the crafty goodness by subscribing to the Einat Kessler creative newsletter

Have fun creating!

1 comment: