I made this folding card as one of the designs for the MY Punch August kit. It looks complicated but it is actually very easy once you know where to cut and fold. The hard work is to cut all the squares that come on it.
So this is how it's done:
1. Cut a double sided cardstock 12" by 5.5".
2. Make 4 folds at 2", 4", 8", 10"
3. Turn the cardstock and make 2 cuts at 1.5" and 4". Cut only from the first fold to the last fold.
4. Fold the card, starting from the left: first fold – mountain (out), second fold – valley (in), then mountain again and end with a valley fold.
5. Change two of the folds: the inner second fold turns out and the third fold turns in.
6. Now you have the basic card and you need to embellish it. Cut 2 sets of squares: The first set 1/4 of an inch smaller than each section (orange on my card). That would be the bottom layer. On top of it the second set of squares will be 1/2 of an inch smaller (stripes, yellow and green on my card).
7. Add embellishments and sentiment.
Important note: my card is in Hebrew and opens from right to left, as seen in the photo. the instructions are for a card that opens from left to right. if you want the hebrew version, change the order of the folds and start with a valley fold. change the unner folds accordingly.