pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

They are my favorite

It's time for another Sizzix blog hop! This challenge was yumy! We had to design a cake featuring our favorite...anything...
My favorite things in the world are my two boys. Their favorite thing is chocolate. So I decided to combine two favorites into one. A high, beautiful, brown chocolate kids cake!



















The bottom part of the cake was the Sizzix Die, which was painted with brown acrylic paint. I wrote on it with a white colored pencil "They R" and added "MY FAVORITE" with white chipboard letters. I made the upper part from cardboard and added my kids' photos. I decorated the cake with some fake whipped cream made from cotton wool, with dots of stickles as fake chocolate on top.

If you enjoyed seeing these ScoreBoard projects on the hop, please leave a comment here or on Eileen Hull's blog so we know you stopped by.

Check out all the other great designs with the links below:

Ann Butler
Bonnie Bruns
Candice Windham
Carla Schauer
Cindi Bisson
Craftside - a behind the scenes peek at a crafty world
Debra Quartermain
Eileen Hull
JGoode designs
Julie McGuffee
Karen Burniston
Laura Bray
Lisa Rojas
Madeline Arendt
Modern Surrealist
Niki Meiners
Roann Mathias
Sandy Laipply
Veronica Goff

9 comments:

  1. Love this! The picture on the side make this so cute. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A second tier! With photos! Amazing!!! I adore the chocolately lovey-ness of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute idea! Makes me want to hunt down a brownie this very minute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project! Did you get my email for the prize I won in the last post?
    kmassman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect expression of a mothers love for her family! Cute little ones you have! I could just eat 'em ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chocolate is delicious looking and the boys are delightful! Debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea to add photo's...I bet your kids love this!

    ReplyDelete